CPU Time Exceeds Elapsed?

From: Bellow, Bambi <bbellow_at_chi.navtech.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:19:25 -0800

Friends --

Perhaps you can help me out with this... I don't understand why the CPU time should exceed the elapsed time here... Do you?

  1 select a.username,

  2         a.osuser,
  3         round(elapsed_time/1000000,2) elapsed_seconds,
  4         round(cpu_time/1000000,2) cpu_seconds,
  5         substr(sql_text,1,250) sql_text
  6 from v$session a, v$sql b
  7 where a.module=b.module
  8 and a.module_hash=b.module_hash
  9 and command_type != 47
 10 and elapsed_time > 0
 11 and sql_text not like '%OracleOEM%'  12* order by elapsed_time desc
SQL> /
                                 ELAPSED      CPU
USERNAME             OSUSER      SECONDS    SECONDS   SQL_TEXT
SYS                  bbellow        190.03     199.45 SELECT
EUUAT_15.MDRS_CFBF$.NEXTVAL from dual
SYS                  bbellow        186.21     197.54 SELECT
EUCDQ203.MDRS_D189$.NEXTVAL from dual

Author: Bellow, Bambi
  INET: bbellow_at_chi.navtech.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Dec 10 2003 - 17:19:25 CST