Re: ETAGON...

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 18:44:24 -0800

Good stuff. Thanks.

So what you're saying below is this:

Before: 2 16-cpu Sun's: $600K for HW and OS plus 32 x $40K for Oracle, ie a total of $1.680K? Is that correct?
After: 5 4-cpu Intel boxes: $100K for HW and OS plus 20 x $60K for Oracle, ie a total of 1.300K?

What confuses me, I think, is the difference in number of CPU's mentioned when only the additonal RAC price tag of $20K was mentioned.

Is it possible to move from 32 Sparc CPU's to 20 Intel CPU's?

Mogens

Author: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mogens_N=F8rgaard?=
  INET: mln_at_miracleas.dk