Plan stability

From: Wartiak Rastislav <RWartiak_at_cpoj.cz>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 00:44:28 -0800

Hi,

my question is about the same, but more general. How can i force Oracle to use my prefered way of explain plan and not use CBO's. I mean, apart from stored outlines, it somehow seems to complicated. I would like to say what order and join types it should use. But, try as I might, I many times cannot force Oracle to use my way, even though I know it is possible, for I saw this kind of explain plan for that specific query..

I tried to use hints like ordered and use_hj etc. Can someone give some examples of full set of hints for some simple queries?

Thx,
rw

Author: Wartiak Rastislav
  INET: RWartiak_at_cpoj.cz