bad SQL day...help please

From: Saira Somani-Mendelin <saira_somani_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:14:25 -0800

List,

Please excuse the content of this question. I haven't had a breakthrough yet so I'm hoping for some assistance... it may seem trivial to some but for some reason I am SQL-ly challenged today.

I have a table which holds historical transaction records. Each PICK or RPCK record should have a corresponding SHIP record with a match on quantity, sku, and order_id. I have to create an exception report where if for any PICK/RPCK record there isn't a corresponding SHIP record, I should be shown the PICK/RPCK record. In other words, each sku has records in multiples of 2 - i.e. 1 PICK/RPCK, then 1 SHIP record; 2 PICK/RPCK records, then 2 SHIP records.

I know what I want in English, but I'm having trouble designing the query in SQL. In the table below, you can see that SKU 117127 has a PICK record but no SHIP record, same case for SKU 701206.

Is someone kind enough to offer me some SQL advice?

Thanks in advance,
Saira

OB_OID	SKU	TRANSACT	QTY
50340		115227	RPCK	36
50340		115227	SHIP	36
50340		115304	RPCK	36
50340		115304	SHIP	36
50340		174040	RPCK	12
50340		174040	SHIP	12
50340		177127	PICK	36
50340		177144	PICK	24
50340		177144	SHIP	24
50340		177624	PICK	24
50340		177624	SHIP	24
50340		177634	PICK	48
50340		177634	SHIP	48
50340		190000	PICK	20
50340		190000	SHIP	20
50340		20020		RPCK	6
50340		20020		SHIP	6
50340		701079	PICK	100
50340		701079	SHIP	100
50340		701206	RPCK	30

Author: Saira Somani-Mendelin
  INET: saira_somani_at_yahoo.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Nov 27 2003 - 13:14:25 CST