Re: Clean temporary tablespace

From: GovindanK <gkatteri_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:54:25 -0800

8.1.6.3
SQL> select status,contents,extent_management,allocation_type from dba_tablespaces where tablespace_name='TEMP';

                    Extent

STATUS CONTENTS Management ALLOCATIO --------- --------- ---------- --------- ONLINE TEMPORARY DICTIONARY USER SQL> alter tablespace TEMP default storage(pctincrease 0);

Tablespace altered.

SQL> This will force the SMON to wake up and coalesce those segments which have been
used but not freed. This will work if you are using DICT.Managed temp tablespaces.
I have been using it regularly with results.

HTH
GovindanK

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Sent 0.000002 seconds ago