RE: RE: Re: Logical StandBy question

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 01:39:25 -0800

I tried it on 9.2.0.3.0 running on two Linux machines. I doubt all bugs were fixed in 9.2.0.4. I currently consider LSB to be a prototype, an interesting foretaste of things to come, but hardly more. It of course depends on the size of the database, but couldn't you consider doing reporting on a Day - 1 database? Might be simpler to use your hot backups and recreate a backup database every night. Or perhaps use snaphots (sorry, materialized views) - traditional replication (you don't need the 'advanced' stuff). If the production database can bear the overhead. Anyway, if you are as lucky as I was, this is (rebuilding the database from your backups) what you may well end doing with LSB (plus the 26 step process each time - well, I wrote scripts to help).

HTH, SF

Author: Stephane Faroult
  INET: sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com