Performance problem with Shareplex and Oracle

From: <Luc.Demanche_at_astrazeneca.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 07:29:33 -0800

Hi gurus,

Oracle 8.1.7.3 on Sun Solaris
One of our databases has been updated by Shareplex, and we have a huge performance problem....

Shareplex is the only process running on this database. Here is the output of v$session_event

SID EVENT                  TOTAL_WAITS TOTAL_TIMEOUTS TIME_WAITED
AVERAGE_WAIT

-- ------- ----------- -------------- ----------- ------------
17 latch free 83 69 1 ,012048193 17 log file sync 15 0 9 ,6 17 db file sequential read 52 0 6 ,115384615 17 file open 1 0 0 0 17 SQL*Net message to client 74791 0 27 ,000361006 17 SQL*Net message from client 74791 0 5235 ,069995053

I really don't see any Oracle performance problems.....

My problem is the backlog (queue) of Shareplex is getting bigger and bigger. Where is the bottleneck?

The only thing I can see is the server. The server is a Ultra-80, 2 CPU 450Mhz, 2048Megs of RAM
According to "top", this process is taking 50% of the CPU. and my "load average" is 1.26, 1.27, 1.24

My average load exceed 1, can I conclude that the CPU is the bottleneck?

What are my possibilities?

TIA
Luc

Luc Demanche
AstraZeneca R&D Montreal
Oracle Database Administrator
514.832.3200 x2356

  INET: Luc.Demanche_at_astrazeneca.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 23 2003 - 10:29:33 CDT