Oracle Apps 11i: 2 Node V/s 1 and Hardware Config

From: Naveen, Nahata (IE10) <Naveen.Nahata_at_honeywell.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 05:34:25 -0800

Hi All,

This is about considerations for Oracle Applications. A part of my question deals with choosing hardware, and I have little knowledge on that front.

We are going for Oracle 11i, and the anticipated concurrent users are as follows:

Form Users: 20 (max)

iExpense:	250 (max)
iProcure:	250 (max)

My first question is, what are the things I should consider, when deciding between going for a 2-node or a single node install?

My second question is about hardware sizing. We are considering between 4 options for the servers (Single Node Install), based on the recommendation by the consultant:

  1. Sun Fire V480 (Small) : 2 x 1.05 GHz CPU, 4 GB RAM, 2 x 73 GB HDD
  2. Sun Fire V480 (Medium): 4 x 1.05 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, 2 x 73 GB HDD
  3. Sun Fire V440 (Small) : 2 x 1.062 GHz CPU, 4 GB RAM, 4 x 36 GB HDD
  4. Sun Fire V440 (Medium): 4 x 1.062 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, 4 x 36 GB HDD

Which is the best configuration for the anticipated no. of concurrent users, provided we opt for a single node install? Though the V440 and V480 have similar configurations, yet V480 is almost twice as expensive as similar configuration V440, can you please point me out what causes the major price difference?

Any information on these issues will help a lot. If you don't have a direct answer to my question, please broaden my knowledge about the things I should consider when deciding on the above issues.

Regards
Naveen

Author: Naveen, Nahata (IE10)
  INET: Naveen.Nahata_at_honeywell.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 22 2003 - 08:34:25 CDT