Re: OEM Problem?

From: Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha <oraperfman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:14:25 -0800

Ryan,

If your goal is to drop the user, then the following should work:

SQL> drop user "OEM_RYAN-2LE36OFJCE_OEMREP" cascade;

Alternatively, if you still want to connect to this user, the following should work too:

SQL> connect "OEM_RYAN-2LE36OFJCE_OEMREP"

Then when prompted for the password, type it in. Bottom line is that you need to use "double quotes" around the username, needs to be in upper case.

Hope that helps,

Gaja
--- Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net> wrote:
> for some reason when i created the OEM repositiory
> the OEM assistant created the following username.
>
> OEM_RYAN-2LE36OFJCE_OEMREP
>
> I cant connect to this user, drop it or alter it
> because of '-' in the name. how do i get rid of the
> repository and start over?

Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha
Principal Technical Product Manager,
Application Performance Management, Veritas Corporation E-mail : gaja_at_veritas.com Phone: (650)-527-3180 Website: http://www.veritas.com