Re: OCP 7.3 & 8 upgrade to 9i

From: Ora NT DBA <orantdba_at_netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 13:54:26 -0800

Hi All,

 From the Oracle Education Certification Page:

http://www.oracle.com/education/certification/index.html?dba9i_upgrade.html

Shows 4 possible tests:

Oracle9i DBA OCP Upgrade Path
Upgrade exams for Oracle7.3, Oracle8 and Oracle8i DBA OCPs.

In order to make the process of staying current as an Oracle Certified technical professional, those already certified on previous releases of Oracle may upgrade to each future release by simply completing one migration exam. Listed below are the migration exams that are currently available to previously certified Oracle DBAs.

Please review the listings below for more specific information. Generally, one exam is required for OCPs to upgrade to each new release of an Oracle DBA track. For example, one exam upgrades the Oracle7.3 credential to Oracle8, one exam upgrades the Oracle8 credential to Oracle8i, and one exam upgrades the Oracle8i credential to Oracle9i.

Oracle7.3 and Oracle8 DBA OCPs now have another option to upgrade their DBA OCP credential directly to Oracle9i: Exam #1Z0-035 Oracle9i DBA New Features for Oracle7.3 and Oracle8 OCPs. This exam will be available beginning October 2003.

Select the exam title below to view the exam objectives.

Hope this helps,
John

Author: Ora NT DBA
  INET: orantdba_at_netscape.net