RE: 8i OCP Net8 Exam

From: Faan DeSwardt <Faan_D1_at_VERIFONE.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:39:32 -0800

Dennis,

Do you have good practice exams?

I have found that the best preparation for the OCP exams are good practice exams.

I have reached the point where I just skim through the material in the "whatever book you use" (probably only possible if you have some miles on the clock as a DBA) and then drive the in depth study from the practice exams. This way you are spending your time more focused and find out what exactly the OCP exam will expect from you vs. what some author would like to teach you or even what the correct answer is in reality.

Also, many of these questions in the practice exams will appear in the actual OCP exam which builds your confidence while writing the actual exam.

You will also find that there are several inaccuracies in the OCP exam that is directly inherited from the incorrect Oracle Education materials. If you have a good book then the author will appropriately point this out like Pete Sharman's Oracle 8i DBA Exam Cram book. Pete is an expert in this field and I personally wish that he would bring out his own "Sherman" guides for all the OCP exams as Pete has taught as an Oracle Education Instructor for many years. He is also a very experienced DBA that can relate what is correct in the real world to what the OCP exam expects from you, which is the key to passing the OCP exam.

Good Luck!
Faan

Author: Niall Litchfield
  INET: niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

Author: Faan DeSwardt
  INET: Faan_D1_at_VERIFONE.com