Re: BAARF

From: Binley Lim <Binley.Lim_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:54:40 -0800

Havent' you heard about the theory of relativity?

1 - ideal - full recovery with indexes
2 - relatively less than ideal - having to rebuild indexes

It doesn't mean you should aim for 2, but you sure want to keep 2 as an option. If you don't have separate index tablespaces, you are simply limiting your options. In a recovery situation you want all the options you can get!

Author: Binley Lim
  INET: Binley.Lim_at_xtra.co.nz