RE: Solaris /etc/system values for Oracle8i

From: Steve McClure <smcclure_at_usscript.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:04:41 -0800

Just wanted to jump in a bit here. I have 4 oracle instances running on a solaris box with 2GB of RAM. My available memory hovers at a little more than 1 GB free. Swap size isn't really a factor, unless you are actively swapping, which we are not. Now granted the largest of these instances has a SGA footprint of about 200MB. While we are not talking about large databases, I think I could easily drop 4 more smallish DBs out there. Now I admit, that if I needed to do this this, I would also request additional memory, but that is just my nature, not a real requirement. oh and since you did ask about swap size in Tanel's case, our swap slice is 2GB we rarely use more than 500MB of swap.

Steve McClure

Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee

  INET: Reginald.W.Bailey_at_jpmorgan.com