RE: Off Topic: PC Firewall Recommendation

From: Robson, Peter <pgro_at_bgs.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:49:35 -0800

On the same area - I'm using Black Ice, but its never been clear to me whether these products trap outgoing stuff.

The BIG problem as I see it as when one inadvertently loads a 1 pixel gif, populated from a rogue site, which then gives implicit confirmation that there is a PC at the end of the line...

Anyone been down this particular topic?

peter
edinburgh

This e-mail message, and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. If this message was not addressed to you, you have received it in error and any copying, distribution or other use of any part of it is strictly prohibited. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of the British Geological Survey. The security of e-mail communication cannot be guaranteed and the BGS accepts no liability for claims arising as a result of the use of this medium to transmit messages from or to the
BGS. .                            http://www.bgs.ac.uk

Author: Robson, Peter
  INET: pgro_at_bgs.ac.uk