OT: Going to OT with Griz

From: Orr, Steve <sorr_at_rightnow.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:44:39 -0800

It's not just any pepper spray but is specially formulated for Griz. Here's what you NEED in Montana: http://www.udap.com/

Last year a hunter was killed by Griz while dressing his elk. Griz has actually learned to head towards gun fire knowing he may find a gut pile left by some hapless hunter. When I go hunting I carry my .44Mag AND pepper spray for close encounters while field dressing my kill. If confronted by Griz I figure my chances are better with the spray. (The .44 is merely for backup on windy days.) My cousin-in-law actually used the spray on griz from 10 feet away and says it was VERY effective. Griz was bouncing off trees as he ran away.

Steve Orr
Bozeman, Montana