RE: BAARF

From: Hitchman, Peter <peter.hitchman_at_derwent.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 06:09:35 -0800

Hi,
To add my two pennies worth. By design I create physical database lqyouts that seperate indexes and tables by tablespace for ease of management, unless the database is real small. My experience over the years with Oracle, has been the object corruptions in the database have occurred more frequenty with indexes than tables, and when it happens its good just to be able to scrap the index tablespaces datafiles and start again.

Regards

Pete

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: tim_at_sagelogix.com

The information contained in this email is confidential and
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above. If the reader of this message is not the intended
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited. Thomson Scientific will accept no responsibility
or liability in respect to this email other than to the addressee.
notify us immediately via email: ITHelpdesk_at_derwent.co.uk
Author: Hitchman, Peter
  INET: peter.hitchman_at_derwent.co.uk