RE: guidance

From: Rognes, Sten <Sten.Rognes_at_schwab.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:14:57 -0800

That Burleson paper referenced below,
<http://www.praetoriate.com/oracle_tips_sorting_operations.htm> http://www.praetoriate.com/oracle_tips_sorting_operations.htm, is quite entertaining. (I'd be careful with using it as guidance) Found at least 5 errors/urban myths is in it which is pretty good for such a short paper. His last paragraph for sure cracks me up:

<quote> If you like Oracle tuning, you might enjoy my latest book "Creating a Self-tuning Oracle Database" by Rampant TechPress. It's only $9.95 (I don't think it is right to charge a fortune for books!) and you can buy it right now at this link:
 <http://www.rampant.cc/book_oracle9i_sga.htm> www.rampant.cc/book_oracle9i_sga.htm </quote>

Author: Jesse, Rich
 INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS