RE: Reality check for filesystem/disk layout

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:04:46 -0800

Avoid small stripe sizes for your redo log volumes - especially on two-disk-only RAID sets, you'll break readahead and write allocation on many arrays.

Beyond that, it looks good - what kind of array are you using?

Matt

--

Matthew Zito
GridApp Systems

Author: Matthew Zito
  INET: mzito_at_gridapp.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Sep 26 2003 - 14:04:46 CDT