Re: Linux VPN and routing HOWTO

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 06:04:40 -0800

OT: Linux VPN and routing HOWTO
Is IP forwarding enabled? cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward ? If its a zero, set it to a 1 (echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward)

Beyond that, use a packet sniffer like tcpdump to see what is appearing on the wire on both interfaces.

Thanks,
Matt

  Hi

  I'm Sorry to put this way OT subject here, but you guys usually come up with the answer anyway.

  I'm trying to setup my linux at home so that I can VPN into it. Now I can connect already but can't ping or connect any of the machines in my network. I huess I have to setup some sort of routing now, but I can't find any a-z documentation on this topic.

  I used the PPtP VPN sever that came with United linux

  Once again sorry.

  Jack

Author: Matthew Zito
  INET: mzito_at_gridapp.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Sep 26 2003 - 09:04:40 CDT