Re: equivalent for isdate, isnumeric

From: Vladimir Begun <Vladimir.Begun_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 18:04:40 -0800

Tanel Poder wrote:
> Boolean is a datatype existing and usable in Oracle.

 > Deterministic is an Oracle way to tell a function is deterministic, i.e.
 > always returning the same result on the same input. Required for FBIs for
 > example.
 > http://tahiti.oracle.com

Could you please kindly provide an example of its usage in SQL. Please create an FBI using the original function below (as is, no modifications or wrappers). It would be really intersting how "deterministic" functionality would work for a PL/SQL function that returns BOOLEAN datatype. Thank you!

--
Vladimir Begun
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Vladimir Begun INET: Vladimir.Begun_at_oracle.com Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).