Re: Replication from DB2 to Oracle

From: Govindan K <gkatteri_at_omanmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:24:44 -0800

 Take a look at Oracle Gateway or the Equivalent of it in DB2. AFAIK, online replication
across Databases of diff.vendors is still not avbl. though it seems you can do DMLs
from Oracle to other databases (viz, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2) in 10G. Don't know about the reverse.

Or you may considering any of the following: 1. Dump the DB2 data onto flat file and load using sqlldr / External Tables.
2. Generate SQL insert statements using the equivalent of triggers
(capturing

the DMLs in the same sequence) and run it in Oracle.

In either of the above cases , how are you going to handle DDLs if any that are
being done in DB2. The same need to be propogated to Oracle too and the subsequent data inserted correctly.

HTH
GovindanK

Author: Govindan K
  INET: gkatteri_at_omanmail.com