Re: guidance

From: <bulbultyagi_at_now-india.net.in>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:09:44 -0800

Tanel , good you drew that smiley .
I am so worried about this exam that for a minute there I was noting down what you wrote.
Thanks for cheering me up though.
Here is a question for you

Which two statements about row migration are true? (Choose two)

  1. Row migration is caused by a PCTREE value set too low.
  2. Row migration can be resolved using the ANALYZE command.
  3. Row migration can be reduced by choosing a larger block size.
  4. Row migration means that row pieces are stored in different blocks.
  5. Queries that use an index to select migrated rows perform additional I/O.

Answer: A, B

Shouldn't it be a and e ?
What does answer b mean when it says : "row migration can be RESOLVED" Whatever the meaning , analyze .. or analyze.. list chained rows would not be able to differentiate between chained or migrated rows, right ? And upon migration , the index will not be updated and will retain the old rowid right? so then e is correct .