RE: OCFS bug3146671

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:14:35 -0800

That is a very reasonable default. Why would you want to have the hassle of file locking
and inter-node coordination for such a trivial thing like archiving redo files? In a RAC
system, if one instance is unable to archive its logs, the other one will do that instead.
There should be a table called V$ARCHIVED_LOG on your system and that table should contain
a column called THREAD#. What they've forgotten to put on the RAC slides is the node for
the network backup, preferably one that has libobk.so, and a tape silo.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA

Note: This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Wang Trading LLC and any of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity. -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Mladen Gogala INET: mladen_at_wangtrading.com Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).