RE: USERENV('SESSIONID') on RAC

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:19:46 -0800

ORA-00904: "DBMS_SUPPORT"."MYSID": invalid identifier

SQL> @$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/dbmssupp
Statement processed.
Statement processed.
SQL> select inst_id,username,sid,serial#   2 from gv$session
  3 where sid=SYS.dbms_support.mysid;

   INST_ID USERNAME                              SID    SERIAL#
         1 HOLYCOW                                17       8405

Interesting little tidbit, there. I'll be investigating the procedures in that package, too...

Thanks!

Rich

rjesse_at_qtiworld.com                  Quad/Tech Inc, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com