RE: "SQL AREA" and "LIBARARY CACHE" size?

From: Khedr, Waleed <Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 06:04:40 -0800

>From 9.2 doc:

Shared Pool
The shared pool portion of the SGA contains three major areas: library cache, dictionary cache, buffers for parallel execution messages, and control structures.

The total size of the shared pool is determined by the initialization parameter SHARED_POOL_SIZE. The default value of this parameter is 8MB on 32-bit platforms and 64MB on 64-bit platforms. Increasing the value of this parameter increases the amount of memory reserved for the shared pool.

Library Cache
The library cache includes the shared SQL areas, private SQL areas (in the case of a multiple transaction server), PL/SQL procedures and packages, and control structures such as locks and library cache handles.

Shared SQL areas are accessible to all users, so the library cache is contained in the shared pool within the SGA.

Regards,

Waleed

Author: ManojKr Jha
  INET: jmanoj_at_delhi.tcs.co.in