RE: suggestion

From: Jamadagni, Rajendra <Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 05:04:40 -0800

hmmm... here is what I did ...

  1. change user_dump_dest to a file system which has lots of space, 100G in our case
  2. modify a logon trigger and for a certain group of people (based on a role) "execute dbms_support.start_trace";
  3. Create a logoff trigger that raises a alert user_logoff and sends a trace file string (actual name of the trace file).
  4. I had a SQR report running on both sides of RAC waiting to respond to this alert.
  5. As soon as this alert came, it waited 1 second and then went to system and verified that it owned the trace file (based on the instance) and then gzipped it and based on the date moved to a directory.

When we got tired of collecting trace files, we stopped the process. All of this is fairly easy to do, it took me about an hour to put this all together.

If you just want sql text, you may want to use "dbms_support.start_trace(false,true)" .. it will avoid wait events listing but will give you bind variables.

Raj

Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal. QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !

Author: Jamadagni, Rajendra
  INET: Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com