Re: select distinct values

From: Daniel Fink <Daniel.Fink_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:54:50 -0800

Elain,

The query is returning the correct data. DISTINCT applies to the row as a whole. Since the NAME adds a new element, DISTINCT finds that 1MIKEY is different than 1JOEY.

How do you determine the 'first' row of the testid? Depending upon the access path (table/index), this could be a different row that what you expect. Do you only care about 1 row for each TESTID and STATUS combination?

Daniel

Author: Daniel Fink
  INET: Daniel.Fink_at_Sun.COM