Re: Hiding passwords

From: M.Godlewski <mcgodlewski_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:15:11 -0800

You could set up environment variables and then reference the environment variable in your script.

HTH
M.

Prasada.Gunda_at_hartfordlife.com wrote:

There is a good discussion in asktom website on this topic.

Here is the link :

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:142212348066

Hth.
Best Regards,
Prasad

"O'Neill, Sean"

non.ie> cc:
Sent by: Subject: Hiding passwords
ml-errors_at_fatcity
.com

09/23/2003 10:24
AM
Please respond to
ORACLE-L So the story goes like this. We're a NT/W2K shop. We have various scripts that run DB related jobs but these are in plain text and we'd like to "hide"
these passwords in some way to allow scripts to run but the passwords not be
"visible" to potential prying eyes. Has anyone cracked this one yet. I've had a trawl around MetaLink but found nothing of substance.

Seán O' Neill
Organon (Ireland) Ltd.
[subscribed: digest mode]

Author: O'Neill, Sean
INET: Sean.ONeill_at_organon.ie

INET: Prasada.Gunda_at_hartfordlife.com

Do you Yahoo!?

Author: M.Godlewski
  INET: mcgodlewski_at_yahoo.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Sep 23 2003 - 13:15:11 CDT