RE: Migrating from ONAMES to OID

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 07:24:42 -0800

As far as the "non-standard" part, I had the same feeling when working with 9.0.1, but I think technically Oracle Corp is correct when they say OiD is "LDAP V3 compliant". The got is that the LDIFs are under a different RFC, and they are not directly transportable between OiD and another LDAP. Another problem is that OiD is very inflexible. From a rather weak pre-Wiki memory, under 9.0.1 you couldn't use OiD to authenticate SMTP for example, because the LDAP standard mail schema couldn't be created in OiD. I'm guessing that this particular example has been corrected by Oracle Corp since they allow IMS to authenticate against OiD, but my point is that I wasn't allowed to create the schema on my own to use OiD as *the* SSO repository for our company.

Well why the hell would anyone want to manage multple SSO repositories? *Multiple* Single SignOns? Anyone else see the irony here?

If I had the time or the extra hair to pull, I'd try OiD 9iR2 (10g???), but...

Rich

rjesse_at_qtiworld.com                  Quad/Tech Inc, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com