RE: OFA and Shared Storage

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 11:14:45 -0800

Greg,

I agree that OFA is a great concept for basing your standards on. At least DBA's who manage several servers can find stuff without spending time querying the database to find stuff.

But I worry less and less about spreading and balancing files across disk systems.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net
  INET: rgaffuri_at_cox.net

Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com <http://www.fatcity.com>

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net <http://www.orafaq.net>

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us

Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com <http://www.fatcity.com>

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Sep 22 2003 - 14:14:45 CDT