Re: 10g: SQL Plus

From: Jonathan Gennick <>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:14:56 -0800

JW> Was watching Larry Ellison's key note and he mentioned that they still have
JW> SQL Plus in 10g.
JW> I heard rumor that it was removed.  Since it seems as though some from this
JW> list have seen it does it still have SQL Plus or has it been removed?

My understanding, which of course could be totally wrong, is that only the psuedo-GUI Windows version of SQL*Plus was going away. You know, the version that opens in a Windows window, but is still a command-line application. But that's something I was told way back, maybe at last year's OracleWorld, so don't put too much stock in it.

I do hope SQL*Plus itself hangs around. O'Reilly wants me to revise my SQL*Plus book next year. It'd be a bit of a bummer if the product got yanked out from under me<grin>.

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick --- Brighten the corner where you are * 906.387.1698 *

Join the Oracle-article list and receive one article on Oracle technologies per month by email. To join, visit, or send email to and include the word "subscribe" in either the subject or body.

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:

Author: Jonathan Gennick

Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Sep 22 2003 - 13:14:56 CDT

Original text of this message