Re: How do we know that an index need to be rebuilt.

From: Prem Khanna J <jprem_at_kssnet.co.jp>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 00:29:41 -0800

That's the doc. i mailed raju.
Thanx Mladen.

can i add a question here :

when is it appropriate to use BITMAP index ? seems it has lot of restrictions.
read docs about it ...still confused.

say, i have a big table with 50,000,000 records in a OLTP env. it has column SEX which will have either MALE or FEMALE. the table will have frequent insert/delete too. often this SEX column is included in many queries.

this being my case, can i use bitmap index on this column ?

or can u give a simple example for when a bitmap index can be used ?

Regards,
Jp.

Author: Prem Khanna J
  INET: jprem_at_kssnet.co.jp