RE: Reducing the number of databases

From: Guang Mei <>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:59:47 -0800

Here we have 3 environments for most applications (dev, QA and prod) and all Oracle version are the same (8173 now). It works fine. And to save Oracle license costs, we also consolidated some db servers by putting multiple instances on one server machine. No problem so far.

Author: Guang Mei

Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051