pct_direct_access for a secondary index on an iot

From: <bulbultyagi_at_now-india.net.in>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 16:44:40 -0800

Hello list, I am unable to get a value in dba_indexes(pct_direct_access) for   a bitmap index I created on an iot. I am using Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 enterprise
  edition on windows .
  Can someone help me by telling me what I need to do.   I have done the following :

--First create the iot with a mapping table.
  sql> create table countries
   ( country_id char(2) ,
   country_name varchar2 (40) ,
   currency_name varchar2(25),
   constraint country_c_id_pk primary key (country_id ) )    organization index including country_name    pctthreshold 20
   tablespace users
  overflow tablespace indx
   mapping table;

  Table created.

  SQL> insert into HR.countries values ( 'C', 'A', NULL ) ;   1 row created.

  SQL> insert into HR.countries values ( 'D', 'A', NULL ) ;   1 row created.

  SQL> insert into HR.countries values ( 'E', 'A', NULL ) ;   1 row created.

  SQL> COMMIT ;
  Commit complete.

--Now create a bmp index on it.

  SQL> create bitmap index myindex on countries (country_name ) ;   Index created.

--This command should analyze the iot and its mapping table.
  SQL> analyze table countries compute statistics;   Table analyzed.

--Might as well analyze the bmp index ( this does no harm right ? )
  SQL> analyze index myindex compute statistics;   Index analyzed.

  SQL> select index_name, pct_direct_access from DBA_indexes where index   _name = 'MYINDEX' and owner=user;

  INDEX_NAME                     PCT_DIRECT_ACCESS

  MYINDEX
--As you can see I get a null value in the pct_dircect_access column.

Author: <bulbultyagi_at_now-india.net.in
  INET: bulbultyagi_at_now-india.net.in