Re: Anyone have a copy of DUL ??

From: Peter Gram <peter.gram_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:09:53 -0800

Hi Pete

I have used Dul many times at customer sites when I was employed by Oracle Denmark.

Every time the customer management had to verify by phone and fax that they understood
the full impact of using Dul.

Oracle have disclaimer that explains the problems with missing transaction consistency of the
data saved by Dul and the security issues.

The customer has to sign and fax the disclaimer back to Oracle before we came on site .-)

After I left Oracle several people ask me if would write a Dul and I declined.

I'm of the opinion that Dul should stay behind the Oracle firewall.

/peter

--
Peter Gram, Miracle A/S
Phone : +45 2527 7107, Fax : +45 4466 8856, Home +45 3874 5696

Upcoming events:
DatabaseForum 2003, Lalandia 2-4 October
Visit   http://miracleas.dk/events/DBF2003/invitation.html

Miracle Master Class with Tom Kyte, 12-14 January 2004

Content-Type: text/plain; name="ReadMe.txt"; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit The previous attachment was filtered out by the ListGuru mailing software at fatcity.com because binary attachments are not appropriate for mailing lists. If you want a copy of the attachment which was removed, contact the sender directly and ask for it to be sent to you by private E-mail. This warning is inserted into all messages containing binary attachments which have been removed by ListGuru. If you have questions about this message, contact Postmaster_at_fatcity.com for clarification. --------------ms010700020601060700020201-- -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Peter Gram INET: peter.gram_at_miracleas.dk Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).

  • application/x-pkcs7-signature attachment: smime.p7s