create standby db confusion

From: Joan Hsieh <joan.hsieh_at_tufts.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 06:59:56 -0800

Hi Listers,

I followed the Note:118409.1 Creating a standby database using rman. The production database is "ADVDMO7" on harrier unix box. The Recovery catalog is "ADVDMO" on harrier Unix box. The standby database is "STANDBY" on hawk Unix box.

The production db is in open status. I did rman full backup, scp over to standby site. I mounted the standby db, but somehow I run the following command, I got advdmo7 (not mounted), thus can't run duplicate target database for standby dorecover command;
Can somebody shed me some light?

Thanks,
joan

hawk:oracle)STANDBY:/oracle/admin/sql/joan/rman> rman target / catalog rman/rman_at_advdmo auxiliary sys/xxxx_at_standby

Recovery Manager: Release 9.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production

Copyright (c) 1995, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

connected to target database: ADVDMO7 (not mounted) connected to recovery catalog database
connected to auxiliary database: ADVDMO7 (not mounted)

Author: Joan Hsieh
  INET: joan.hsieh_at_tufts.edu

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Sep 18 2003 - 09:59:56 CDT