Re: spurious threads

From: Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 06:09:43 -0800

We know the thread id from running pslist from sysinternals.com. Orakill will not kill it probably since doesn't think it really exists.

>>> tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee 9/18/03 9:49:41 AM >>>

Hi!

Orakill is able to kill threads based on thread id. But since you can't find out the "runaway" thread id-s from v$process, you could find all thread id-s in oracle.exe, minus those spids which exist in v$process and kill those. But I definitely recommend to turn to support first, because killing threads that way isn't a nice thing to do in production system and might be good enough only for temporary workaround, not for continous usage.

Tanel.
Author: Jeffrey Beckstrom
  INET: JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org