RE: ref_cursor's

From: Melanie Caffrey <mcaffrey_at_proximo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:59:57 -0800

Suzy,

Personally, I'm a huge fan of ref cursors, and with many current releases of Oracle, ref cursors are the only way to return arrays to a client program.

Are you returning arrays or just single variables to your C program?

Performance sort of depends on clarifying this point first.

If he's generating multiple OUT parameters, it would be much easier for him to use REF cursors.

With our applications, I use them all the time and I would be more than happy to send you some code examples, if you'd like.

Best regards,
Melanie

Author: Vordos, Suzy
  INET: Suzy.Vordos_at_qwest.com

Author: Melanie Caffrey
  INET: mcaffrey_at_proximo.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Sep 17 2003 - 15:59:57 CDT