RE: Raid Arrays and Power Loss

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:54:39 -0800

My Veritas-trained co-worker says they ran into the same situation in the class and fsck was able to find the missing inodes and repair the damage. We were thinking that it could be Solaris not flushing the writes that could be your problem. I was warned about that for HP/UX's syncer during training and am told there's a similar function on Solaris.

I'm just the messenger...

Rich

rjesse_at_qtiworld.com                  Quad/Tech Inc, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com