RE: archive old data

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_lifetouch.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:29:35 -0800

Nancy

   I would second Mladen's recommendation that you review Princeton Softech.    Another consideration that I didn't see anyone mention is that most people discussed data archiving on a table-by-table basis. But Oracle is a RELATIONAL database and it rarely does any good to just archive a few isolated tables. That was one aspect of Softech that impressed me was how well it handled the requirement to archive related sets of data.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 80%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com