how to benchmark HDS 9570 storage?

From: zhu chao <chao_ping_at_vip.163.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 04:34:27 -0800

Hi, friends:

    We plan to purchase a HDS 9570 storage system with 4Gb Cache/14 Disks to replace current Sun T3 storage.

    Our database is an OLTP system with 80%read/20 write.     But decision has to be made whether HDS 9570 really worth its price and how much it outperforms sun T3.

    Those friends that are running HDS storage , can you share your experience with using HDS storage for oracle database , how it performs and what raid level are you running? (HDS claims that raid5 in HDS is as efficient as raid10).

    Thanks

Regards
zhu chao
msn:chao_ping_at_163.com
www.cnoug.org

Author: zhu chao
  INET: chao_ping_at_vip.163.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Sep 16 2003 - 07:34:27 CDT