HP-UX 11/9iR2/dbv

From: Vergara, Michael (TEM) <mvergara_at_guidant.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 12:04:24 -0800

Hi All!

This is a question for the script gurus out there. I am running an SAP system. Recently, during a DR test, we found several files with corruption. These were found originally with an ORA-600 [12700], and confirmed with dbv.

So now they want me to run dbv's on the database files during the maintenance window. Now, I can create a script that will scan all the files, but it's linear and will take for-flipping-ever.

So, has anyone out there created a script (csh, ksh, sh, perl, whatever) that can take a parameter list of files, and keep several child processes running at a time?

What I want to do is create a list of all database files. This list would be input to a script that would keep 'n' child processes running (running 'dbv') until the list was exhausted. Say that 'n' was six. This process would keep 6 dbv's running. When one child dbv process finished, the next in line would be started.

Anybody done something like this, or am I just an ambitious dreamer?

Thanks,
Mike

Author: Vergara, Michael (TEM)
  INET: mvergara_at_guidant.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sun Sep 14 2003 - 15:04:24 CDT