Oracle on Linux

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 09:04:24 -0800

Are many people running Oracle on Linux? I havent seen it anywhere myself. If so what flavors? Is there much difference between administering on Say Redhat vs. Solaris? I know 'oracle' itself is the same, but any of the OS-Database interaction different?

Im thinking about throwing Redhat on PC at home and playing around. Ill use a different flavor it really matters. Ive develped on HP-Unix and Solaris at work before, but never Linux. How different is the Linux kernel? Does it really matter to a DBA?

Author: Ryan
  INET: rgaffuri_at_cox.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sun Sep 14 2003 - 12:04:24 CDT