Oracle's Masters program....

From: Chris Stephens <ChrisStephens_at_affina.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 13:04:26 -0800

Here's a little more info. This is from a lady I work with....

"Hey I found out a little bit of info on the masters certification.

My dad is the author/architect of the test. He did not assign the scoring it sounded like it was an outside organization that came up with the scoring. Anyway he said that if someone really knows their stuff they will probably finish 1-2 sections within the time and probably complete around 70% of the other sections within the time. You do not have to finish the sections in order to pass, I believe he told me there are a total of eight sections. That he knows of there has only been one individual who has completed all sections under the time limit he told me the persons name but I do not remember what it was. Another individual knew that one of the sections was his troublesome area so he spent several hours over a couple weeks period studying that area and was able to finish that section within 45 minutes the allotted time was an hour and half.

  He did say that in the first section the test comes out and tells you to make three backups and there has been several people who fail to do so and in the second section have to do a restore which they have to write and end up only completing around 30% of that section.

  A little bit of info on it for you anyway. If there is anything you would like to know about it I can try to find out for you."

It'll be interesting to see if this thing takes off.

Chris

Author: Chris Stephens
  INET: ChrisStephens_at_affina.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Sep 04 2003 - 16:04:26 CDT