Re: Urgent INFO needed.

From: Joe Testa <jtesta_at_dmc-it.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 08:59:38 -0800

Fact of the matter is the majority of the time its true, like it or not. Those of you who know me, know I DON'T do politically correct, I call a spade a spade.

Its true at the officer level in a company(and I'm there in the company I'm in now), its all about dollars and cents, especially today. Thats why you see it as much as you do.

My example: I worked for an online training company, they were paying me $25/hr to do online tutoring or web based oracle DBA classes., I was with them from the beginning just like alot of other tutors from around th world. We were told in early/mid 2002, we've decided to outsource all tutoring to India, so if you're interested in teaching your replacements, we'll keep you on board for a little extra time. The end was near and someone had asked me how long I'd been doing it, how long I was a DBA and how long did I plan on doing it, i gave them the truthful answer, about 4 yrs, 10 years as a DBA and not much longer since it was all being outsourced to India, got my a$$ fired from the job before my time was up. Basically the concept was: "we can go to India and pay $2.50, 10% of what we pay you and we really dont care about the quality because they will pick up their English language from previous answers you and others have submitted to students throughout the years.".

You tell me I shouldn't have an attitude, you're as full of garbage as them.

Joe

PS: for those who want to know the company, email me direct, i'll be glad to share.

--
Joseph S Testa
Chief Technology Officer

Author: Joe Testa