RE: Oracle Standby Database Backups.

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 06:54:40 -0800

Arup,

Thanks for the reply. So I am assuming that the Standby database is in archivelog mode?
Good idea performing the backup on the standby rather than the Primary. Our Primary is supposed to grow to 3TB, so your idea has merit. And our servers will be in two different buildings, so it makes sense. In case of a disaster, we switch to the Standby and recover the Primary when it becomes available again, right?

Thanks again.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Sep 04 2003 - 09:54:40 CDT