Re: Urgent INFO needed.

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 13:49:30 -0800

i dont think so. There is too much money in this. Odds are they will refine their processes 'slowly' improve. Over a period of years they will be better. Will it always be as good as the US? No, but it doesnt need to be. Its cheap. This doesnt mean every IT job will dissapear, but there is a contraction in the market and it is continueing..

Those manufacturing jobs sent to sweat shops never came back due to lack of quality? No I dont think the IT market will dissapear, however, I think wages will continue to decline at least for a while. Most of the jobs out there these days are low paying, short temp jobs. ----- Original Message -----
To: "Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L" <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 5:29 PM

> Actually, I've seen the reverse be true. I've seen the work offshore be so
> poor that more folks are brought in locally to correct the problems, yet
the
> offshore remain too because of contractual issues. Happened to me on at
> least two different occations. You get what you pay for. There are some
> great Indian DBA's out there (KG for one is awsome), but just as in
America,

Author: Ryan
  INET: rgaffuri_at_cox.net