RE: "Application DBA"

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 12:49:27 -0800

Patrice, Stephane

My 2 cents worth. I have seen differences between administering an Oracle database that is hosting an in-house developed application compared to administering and Oracle database that is hosting a third-party application. In one case you get to know the developers, negotiate with them, etc. In the other case you get to know how the application uses Oracle. I don't know if that is what is meant by "application DBA".

Dennis Williams
DBA, 80%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Sep 02 2003 - 15:49:27 CDT