Re: 9iAS 9.0.2. singlebox installation, two apache servers

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 10:59:25 -0800

Patrice,
 Didn't anyone tell you that it was easy to set up and get 9iAS running from scratch?? I'm still digging into finding documentation that matches on the install steps.

 If I remember correctly the port number determines the Apache that will be used. When I installed the Infrastructure (9i database) the port was listed as 7777. when I installed the 9iAS functions the port listed was 7780. I still do not have Portal working so I may be using the wrong set on instructions ans that is why I have different ports listed.
Ron

>>> BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca 09/02/03 01:59PM >>>
I am wondering -- did you install 9iAS 9.0.2. on one host, and try to make
all the pieces work?

I have one group of Metalink technicians telling me to use the 9iAS_infra
home Apache, and another telling me to only run the 9iAS_middle home apache
to run a Forms application.

My impression is that two different groups within Oracle Support are telling
people to use the 9iAS home they are interested in...

Meanwhile I have OID, the EM web site, and iFS up and running, I don't want
to cripple the architecture to run a form, or vice versa.

I would like to make both work, or combine them into one if that's possible.

Patrice.

Author: Ron Rogers
  INET: RROGERS_at_galottery.org