Re: Help in installation Redhat Linux 8

From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 08:44:26 -0800

Stephen,

Thanks for pointer. I am subscribing to that list. My ultimate goal after installing Linux is to install Oracle. I am still waiting response from Mladen about this subject, who may be enjoying long weekend in USA.

My problem may be new hardware most possibly built in video on board. I did not see any help on redhat site.

Regards
Rafiq

To: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com,rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 01:21:57 -0600

I've found the Phoenix Linux User Group to be helpful when you have a problem. Just ignore the "my distro is better than yours" garbage. FWIW, I'm happy with Red Hat 7.3. I tried to get 8 running on my old hardware and was having problems, so I am staing where I am for a looooong time.

If you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch to or from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit your subscription page at:

http://lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us/mailman/options/plug-discuss/stephenandert%40hotmail.com

BTW, This message probably shoud have had OT in the subject line since the connection to Oracle is not direct.

Stephen

>>> rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com 08/30/03 10:24AM >>>
Env AMD 1.6 processor 512 Ram WD 120G HD (Personal computer)

While installing Redhat Linux 8 from a CD (came with a book) on newly purchased 120G WD harddrive(manufacturing date of HD is 07/2003) it is keep
hanging after recognizing mouse. I tried both gui as well as text option.
The bios disk came with the disk ran successfully and bios were updated.

Is this the size problem or Redhat patch may be required to handle new

harddrive?

Any pointer or help?

Regards
Rafiq